Jane Routh ist Dichterin und Photographin. Sie betreibt Forstwirtschaft und hält Gänse im Wald von Bowland, north of Lancashire, where she has lived for 30 years. On the books of American writer Charles Wright it always comes back and she would like to travel long distances to take into account to see exhibitions of photographers like Thomas Joshua Cooper and Olivia Parker can. As an experienced teacher, she taught at the Poetry Business Writing School. Her first collection
Circumnavigation (2002) won the Poetry Business Competition. Teach Yourself Mapmaking followed in 2006.
Christoph Hueber
signal flag K: I want to talk to you
KILO
In the evening we sit on the cliffs above the bay
and watch the tides. When a beautiful sunset
announced, take your jacket and an apple.
A nod may mean that the buzzard back
is on the fence post, a small gesture
commented on the dark streak in the waves.
Neither of us has something to say
significant enough to break the silence.
I think I may prefer Ebben,
the bay an empty bowl,
missed the moment of change.
In the winter we will be putting the chairs
closer to the stove, all lights light
and read to us poems,
we do not understand.
The sound says most everything.
We can take turns, get tea and oranges.
Before spring comes not out of here.
When I'm alone again and used to the fear
at night when the sheep on the walls, crowd
I will remember to bars of the old tunes;
I will remember, to the singing in the bathroom.
be wrapped in white towels I
staring out through my reflection pass, on the dark sea.
on the red lights half a mile outside
find a dull deck lights with binoculars and watch the nightly
work of tiny figures.
Translated by Christopher Hueber
flag Winker K: I would like to contact you record
KILO
evening we sit on rocks overlooking the bay
and watch the tides. Are there signs
for a good sunset, you cross a jacket and an apple.
A nod may indicate that the buzzard back
is on the fence post, questioning an insignificant gesture
a dark streak in the waves.
None of us has something to say,
that would be significant enough to break the silence.
I think the low water spring are my favorite,
the bay an empty pool,
the elusive moment of change zwischen Ebbe und Flut.
Im Winter werden wir die Sessel
näher an den Ofen rücken, die Lichter entzünden
und uns einander Gedichte vorlesen,
die wir nicht verstehen,
für den Fall, dass Klang für sich spricht.
Wir können abwechselnd Tee und Orangen holen.
Niemand kommt hierher bis es Frühling wird.
Sobald ich wieder alleine lebe und Ängste gewohnt bin,
nachts wenn Schafe gegen die Wände reiben,
erinnere ich mich womöglich wieder Fetzen alter Melodien;
vielleicht erinnere ich mich daran, im Bad zu singen.
Eingehüllt in weiße Handtücher starre ich
durch meine Reflektion hinaus auf die dunkle See
removed after red lights half a mile,
find a weak light deck with binoculars and watch the night work
tiny figures.
Translated by Maria Louise Schlayer
signal flag K: I would like to contact you
KILO
In the evenings we sit on rocks overlooking the bay
and watch the tides. If it looks to a promising
sunset, grab a jacket and an apple.
A sign could read, the buzzard is back
on the fence post, a small gesture
could ask for a dark strip in the shafts.
None of us has something zu sagen,
das es wert wäre, die Stille zu unterbrechen.
Das Ablaufen der Ebbe bei Voll- und Neumond habe ich am liebsten,
die gesamte Bucht ein ausgelassenes Becken,
der Augenblick des Wechsels, den man nicht einfangen kann.
Im Winter werden wir die Polstersessel
näher an den Ofen schieben, alle Lampen
anmachen und einander Gedichte vorlesen,
die wir nicht verstehen,
sofern der Klang für sich selbst spricht.
Wir können einander Tee und Orangen holen.
Kein Mensch kommt vor dem Frühling hier raus.
Wenn ich wieder alleine lebe und an die nächtlichen Ängste
gewöhnt bin, wenn die Schafe an den Wänden wetzen,
I think perhaps scraps of old tunes;
I think maybe back to the singing in the bathroom.
be wrapped in white towels, I stare out
removed by my reflection on the dark sea of \u200b\u200bred lights
half a mile,
a weak light deck with binoculars and night make up look
plant tiny figures.
Translated by Sabine Stiglmayr
signal flag K: I will contact
KILO
evening, we sit on rocks above the bay
and watch the tides. When a rewarding
announces sunset, get a jacket and an apple.
Promised could believe the buzzard's back
on the fence post, a small gesture
explores a dark streak in the waves.
None of us has something to report so important
that it would be worthwhile to break the silence.
I think I like best the low waters
the bay emptied out of a pool,
the eternally fleeting moment of change.
In the winter we move the chairs of the oven
closer, the lights burn all
and other poems, we do not understand, read
, because of the sound.
Alternately, we will take tea and oranges.
It is hardly a get out of here before the spring.
Wenn ich wieder alleine lebe und mich an die Furcht gewöhne
nachts wenn die Schafe an die Wände reiben,
erinnere ich mich vielleicht an Fetzen alter Weisen;
erinnere ich mich vielleicht an das Singen im Bad.
Umhüllt in weisse Tüchern werde ich,
durch meine Spiegelung hindurch, Ausschau halten
nach roten Lichtern, Meilen entfernt, auf dem dunklen Meer,
werde mit meinem Fernglas ein blasses Licht entdecken
werde das Nachtschaffen winziger Silhouetten beobachten.
Übersetzt von Aprilia Zank
0 comments:
Post a Comment